The English Learners website has a new, fresh look with all of the same great information! Please note that the English Learners section has moved to dpi.wi.gov/english-learners. We appreciate your patience during this exciting transition!
The purpose of the Bilingual and ESL programs in the state of Wisconsin is to assist school districts serving students who are English language learners (ELLs) to become proficient in academic English and prepared for their continuing education, and career readiness goals. In the 2012 school year, Wisconsin serves nearly 47,000 ELLs students. While Spanish is the largest language group and Hmong is the next most frequent home language, there are over 137 identified spoken languages by our students. In addition, our ELL students are registered in 80% of the 424 school districts across Wisconsin.
- Bilingual/ESL Program Staff Directory
- Legal Requirements for Districts Enrolling ELLs
- Wisconsin Bilingual-Bicultural Programs
- Title III Home
- Title III, Immigrant Children and Youth
- Supplemental Funding: Grants and Aids
- Refugee Grant
- English Language Learners (ELLs): Assessment
- Current Topics: SLOs for ELLs