By the end of grade twelve, students will:
E.12.1 Use computers to acquire, organize, analyze, and communicate information.
- Design, format, and produce attractive word-processed documents for various purposes
- Incorporate information from databases and spreadsheets into reports
- Integrate graphics appropriately into reports, newsletters, and other documents
- Retrieve and reproduce documents across various platforms
- Use on-line sources to exchange information
E.12.2 Make informed judgments about media and products.
- Develop and apply evaluative criteria of accuracy and point of view to broadcast news programs
- Recognize and explain the impact of various media on daily life
- Analyze the content and effect of subtle persuasive techniques used on-line and in broadcast and print media
- Develop and apply criteria for evaluating broadcast programming
E.12.3 Create media products appropriate to audience and purpose.
- Create multimedia presentations in connection with major projects, such as research reports or exhibitions
- Develop various media products to inform or entertain others in school or the community such as slide shows, videos, newspapers, sound recordings, literary publications, and brochures
E.12.4 Demonstrate a working knowledge of media production and distribution.
- Analyze the effect of media production techniques, such as music, camera angles, fade-outs, and lighting, on different audiences
- Evaluate the impact of various market factors on the effectiveness of media production and distribution
- Identify the impact of image and context on particular audiences receiving the same message
- Develop and apply criteria for evaluating advertising campaigns for a variety of products, past and present
E.12.5 Analyze and edit media work as appropriate to audience and purpose.
- Develop and present criteria for evaluating a variety of media products
- Evaluate audience feedback on the clarity, form, effectiveness, technical achievement and aesthetic appeal of media work