IS THIS THE RIGHT APPLICATION FOR ME?
This application is for applicants who hold an initial teacher, administrator or pupil services license in the state of Wisconsin and have completed three years of experience and a Professional Development Plan (PDP) OR for applicants who hold an initial teacher, administrator or pupil services license in the state of Wisconsin and have completed five years of experience in the category of their license in another state.
Use the Application Checklist to ensure you have completed all appropriate steps of the application.
If you do not fit into this category, please go back and select a different application.
- You will need electronic copies of all documents you are planning to submit.
- Do not have documents sent directly to the DPI (electronically or by US Mail).
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
DETERMINE IF YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING
- Use the Fingerprint Decision Tree to determine if you must submit fingerprints. If you have determined that you need fingerprints, submit them electronically via our vendor Fieldprint.
- Preview the Conduct and Competency form. If applicable, obtain supporting documentation for any “yes” answers to the conduct questions.
- The PDP verification must be completed electronically through either QEI or WECAN. Once you’ve received all three signatures you can submit the verification to DPI.
- Please allow one day between submitting your PDP verification and accessing your application in ELO. The ELO system must run a nightly update for you to see the PDP verification in your application.
- The last Team Member signature date of your PDP verification must be completed by June 30th of the year in which your license expires.
- Obtain an employment verification form that verifies three years of experience in your license category (or five years if you are advancing based on out of state experience).
- Use one employment verification form for each district at which you worked. For example, if you have worked at three different districts you will need to submit three different employment verification forms.
- If you are advancing in your third year of experience your employment verification forms must be signed after April 1st of that third year.
LOGGING IN AND FINDING YOUR LICENSES
- If you do not already have an active Web Access Management System (WAMS) ID please create one.
- If you have not already onboarded your license record to your WAMS ID please do so.
Once you have completed all of the pre-application requirements login to ELO using your WAMS ID, you will be on the ELO Quick Start Menu. Use the screenshots below to see how to choose the appropriate application on the Quick Start Menu.
Option 1: Advance with PDP
Option 2: Advance with five years out of state experience
Use the "My ELO" button (which can also be found in the top left-hand corner of any TEPDL webpage) to login to ELO and open your application.
AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
CONDUCT AND COMPETENCY QUESTIONNAIRE AND PAYMENT
- You will complete the Conduct and Competency questionnaire right before submitting your application payment.
- Have either a credit card or pre-paid credit card ready for electronic payment. For fee amounts please see application fees.
- You cannot pay with any other payment method.
Our processing times vary throughout out the year. For current processing times see Check Application Status.