IS THIS THE RIGHT APPLICATION FOR ME?
This application is for applicants who hold a currently active professional teacher, administrator or pupil services license in the state of Wisconsin that expires this year and have completed the professional development requirements to renew. You cannot apply to renew your license until the year in which the license expires. If you are unsure if your license expires this year use License Lookup to verify your expiration date.
Use the Application Checklist to ensure you have completed all appropriate steps of the application. You may also use the video application directions at the bottom of this page to assist you in filling out each page of the application.
If you do not fit into this category, please go back and select a different application.
- You will need electronic copies of all documents you are planning to submit.
- Do not have documents sent directly to the DPI (electronically or by US Mail). Allow for transcript processing time from the college or university you will be requesting transcripts from.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
DETERMINE IF YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING
- Use the Fingerprint Decision Tree to determine if you must submit fingerprints. If you have determined that you need fingerprints, submit them electronically via our vendor Fieldprint. The code that you will need when making your appointment: FPWIDPITeach
- Preview the Conduct and Competency form. If applicable, obtain supporting documentation for any “yes” answers to the conduct questions and scan it into a file less than 2 MB in size.
- Obtain a transcript that verifies completion of 6 semester credits or 9 quarter credits
- Credits need to be completed during the valid dates of your soon-to-expire license in order to be applied towards renewal. Example: John Doe has a license that is valid from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2017. His credits must be completed within those dates to be used for renewal.
- Scan the transcript into a file that is 2 MB or smaller. Acceptable files are:
- Submit PDP completion verification using either QEI or WECAN
- Please allow one day between submitting your PDP verification and accessing your application in ELO. The ELO system must run a nightly update for you to see the PDP verification in your application.
- PDP verification must be completed before the expiration date of your license
LOGGING IN AND FINDING YOUR LICENSES
- If you do not already have a Web Access Management System (WAMS) ID, use the directions to create one.
- If you have not already onboarded your license record to your WAMS ID, follow the directions to do so.
- If your name has changed use License Lookup to determine what name is on file with DPI, as you will need that name in the onboarding.
- Once you have onboarded use the Quick Start Directions to help determine what licenses expire this year.
Once you have completed all of the pre-application requirements login to ELO using your WAMS ID, you will be on the ELO Quick Start Menu. Use the screenshots below to see how to choose the appropriate application on the Quick Start Menu.
Option 1: Renew with 6 Semester Credits
Option 2: Renew with Verified PDP
Use the "My ELO" button (which can also be found in the top left-hand corner of any TEPDL webpage) to login to ELO and open your application.
AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
CONDUCT AND COMPETENCY QUESTIONNAIRE AND PAYMENT
- You will complete the Conduct and Competency questionnaire right before submitting your application payment.
- Have either a credit card or pre-paid credit card ready for electronic payment. For fee amounts please see application fees.
- You cannot pay with any other payment method.
Our processing times vary throughout out the year. For current processing times Check Application Status.