STEP 1: Create a WAMS (Wisconsin Access Management System) ID if you do not already have one.
- It is recommended that applicants use a personal email address when creating an ELO account. This email address must be available and accessible by you as it will be the primary communication method from the licensing system.
- Please follow the instructions on the screen when setting up a WAMS account. There are links to the WAMS Help page and the WAMS FAQ page. For assistance in setting up WAMS account, contact Help Wisconsin Support
- Guide to creating a WAMS ID
STEP 2: Successfully "onboard" into the ELO system by connecting your WAMS account to an existing account - Onboarding Instructions
STEP 3: Determine whether you need to get fingerprinted.
The following applicants are required to submit fingerprints to the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) when applying for a license:
- Applicants who have worked, resided, or physically attended classes in any of the locations listed below within the last twenty years (after age 17):
- U.S. states other than Wisconsin
- Listed U.S. territories (American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, or Virgin Islands)
- Great Britain (England, Scotland, or Wales)
- Applicants, who since their most recent submission of fingerprints to DPI have worked, resided, or physically attended classes in any locations listed above.
- Applicants who provide an address on their application that is in any of the locations listed above.
If you need to get fingerprinted, see http://dpi.wi.gov/tepdl/licensing/fingerprint for how to complete this.
STEP 4: Preview the Conduct and Competency questions you will be answering in ELO
- Read ELO's Conduct and Comptency Questions - http://dpi.wi.gov/sites/default/files/imce/tepdl/pdf/Preview_CC_01...
IF there is some type of misconduct that needs to be reported, prepare and attach a written explanation of what happened. You must also provide complete electronic (scanned) copies of documents associated with the matter that can corroborate / illuminate your explanation of the incident. These may include the criminal complaint, judgment of conviction, police reports, disciplinary letters/findings, correspondence, etc., as applicable. (Note: Court history information printed from the CCAP web site is NOT sufficient.)
STEP 5: Prepare Documentation of the required Professional Development
Scan the following documents into PDF files that are less than 2 MB in size and save the files so that they are readily available to upload into ELO:
- a completed PI 1613-WMEAP Employment Verification form
- a copy of your Wisconsin Master Educator License
STEP 6: Have your credit card ready
STEP 7: Log into the ELO system - http://elo.wieducatorlicensing.org to apply.
Note: Using ELO on Macintosh OS X or on mobile devices may result in unexpected behavior.
When you get to the Quick Start Menu, find the section that says, "Manage Your Existing License(s). Choose the license you want to renew and then select the WMEAP Renewal transaction.