Please note: When an educator submits a complete and accurate renewal application before June 30th of the year in which his/her license expires, Wis. Stat. 227.51 (2) provides that the existing license does not expire until the DPI completes the processing of your renewal application.
Effective June 15th, 2017 WECAN will discontinue their online PDP service. To learn more about this transition see WECAN PDP Transition.
The PI-1624-EL: School District Request for Emergency License or Permit form for Emergency License Applications can be found here.
Valuable information about edTPA can be found here.
Talent Development Framework
Regional meetings for the Wisconsin Talent Development Framework were held in May to review data on educator shortage areas and help identify strategies to address these strategies. For more information, please visit http://dpi.wi.gov/tepdl/programs/talent-development-framework.
Note: We can no longer accept license applications for the 2015-2016 school year.
- PDP Team Training Refresher for Current Team Members
- Online License Lookup
- Apply for an Educator License (Educator Licensing Online)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Professional Development Plan (PDP)
- Applying for a License for Out-of-State Applicants (or Graduates)
- Wisconsin Testing Requirements
- Not able to complete professional development or get transcripts by June 30?
- Having problems printing your license certificate?
- Information on Transcripts