Math Soup: A Recipe for Student Success
Wednesday, April 30, 2014 to Friday, May 2, 2014
This is 46th annual Wisconsin Mathematics Council Conference and Pre-Conference for PK-16 educators. The conference will focus on leadership, engagement, and learning in mathematics education. Speakers include:
- Catherine Fosnot, the Founding Director of Mathematics in the City and Professor of Education at The City College of New York,
- Jon Bergmann, considered one of the pioneers in the Flipped Class Movement,
- Laney Sammons, author of Guided Math: A Framework for Mathematics Instruction, as well as numerous other books on mathematics education,
- Sandy Atkins, Ph. D., Executive Director and Owner of Creating AHAs, LLC.
- Doug Clements, Ph.D., widely regarded as "the major scholar" in the field of early childhood mathematics education, one with equal relevance to the academy, to the classroom, and to the educational policy arena,
- Brian P. Cleary, author of many children's books, including the popular titles of Math Is CATegorical and Words Are CATegorical™ series,
- Valerie L. Mills, Supervisor and Mathematics Education Consultant for Oakland Schools and President of the National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics,
- Denise McDowell, the Vice-President of Curriculum, Sales and Marketing, Big Ideas Learning, and
- Yvonne Grant, middle school mathematics teacher, professional development consultant and teacher-in-residence at the Connected Mathematics Project (CMP).
- Content and Learning
Wisconsin Mathematics Council