Jump to a Section:
- Career Cruising is an OPTIONAL choice to use as an ACP electronic tool. School districts may choose to contract directly with any other vendor to meet the requirements of Wisconsin Statute 115.28(59) and Administrative Rule PI-26
- ACP is required of all public school districts that serve students in grades 6-12 beginning in fall 2017. Funding is allocated to pay for the state-selected Career Cruising software for students and staff in grades 6-12 in public school districts.
- Career Cruising’s Business-Education partnership platform has been secured for the state of Wisconsin by the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) and the Regional Leadership Council (RLC) of the regional economic development organizations. In place already in several counties already, the INSPIRE tab will be added on all student Career Cruising accounts once employer profiles are created in the region. Stay tuned for training and details throughout 2017-18!
- Career Cruising is piloting its new version, Xello, in 8 Wisconsin districts. This version is not yet fully functional and will not be deployed into any other school districts until all features are accessible. Be assured that training will be provided prior to switching all districts to the new version.
For more information on the ACP with Career Cruising features, click here.
CAUTION: Deployment of the software in a district does NOT mean that your district is ready to use it with students for ACP service delivery. Training from Career Cruising and your District ACP Team staff is vital to understanding the use of the features, functions, and fields for ACP delivery in your district. Furthermore, using the ACP software alone does not meet all of the requirements of ACP. The focus of ACP should be on the process to build relationships that inform, support, and mentor students through activities and experiences using a software tool that help them to plan for their educational, training, and career goals.
DPI highly recommends that:
- The district’s ACP Team prepares and plans for ACP implementation using the tools provided at: https://dpi.wi.gov/acp/implementation.
- Click HERE to view free Career Cruising webinars on the software and/or specific features.
- The district designates at least one staff person to be the software lead.
- The district designated software lead(s) attend in-person or virtual training on use of the software. Link to TRAINING Offerings.
- District lead(s) will work with the district ACP Team to determine how to best fold in the use of the software tool within their ACP delivery system.
- Sue Hall, Wisconsin Educational Consultant: works with schools and districts for Grades 6 through 12 + Inspire Module and works with the CESA Regional ACP Coordinators in scheduling and conducting the CESA Regional Career Cruising training sessions
- 1-800-965-8541, Ext. 700
- Lisa Kardish, Wisconsin Educational Sales Consultant: works with schools and districts from Kindergarten to grade 5 + Method Test Prep Module
- 1-800-965-8541 Ext. 120
- Dedicated Wisconsin Client Support Team: works with Districts and Schools
- 1-800-965-8541 Ext. 2
- Leo Abramoff, Wisconsin State Success Manager: works with DPI
- 1-800-965-8541 Ext. 313
- Alex Knoll, Training Coordinator: works with Wisconsin State Success Manager, DPI and CESAs to coordinate the on-site state training sessions – these will be announced throughout the year when available
- 1-800-965-8541 Ext. 105