Jump to a Section:
After more than 20 years as a leading developer of career exploration and planning software, Career Cruising has grown and evolved into Xello! Xello is both the new company name and the name of the new, highly engaging future readiness platform. Piloted in 10 Wisconsin school districts in the last year, Xello has been shown to be more interactive and engaging for students.
- 300% more logins
- 20% of logins outside of school hours
- 70% of students reflect on saved careers
- Learn about companies that offer jobs and careers in their area of interest
- Participate in career discussions with an online career coach from that company
- Further interact with that company by participating in other career-based learning experiences, such as job-shadowing, internships, company tours, and summer employment
- Wisconsin Xello Information Page
- ACP Infrastructure Self-Assessment Rubric
- ACP Components Self-Assessment Rubric
CAUTION: Deployment of the software in a district does NOT mean that your district is ready to use it with students for ACP service delivery. Training from Xello and your District ACP Team staff is vital to understanding the use of the features, functions, and fields for ACP delivery in your district. Furthermore, using the ACP software alone does not meet all of the requirements of ACP. The focus of ACP should be on the process to build relationships that inform, support, and mentor students through activities and experiences using a software tool that help them to plan for their educational, training, and career goals.
DPI highly recommends that:
- The district-designated software lead(s) attend in-person or virtual training on use of the software. Check on training for the Xello transition.
- School building lead(s) should work with the district ACP Team to review use of Xello within their current ACP delivery system.
- For all other transition or training information, do not hesitate to contact Xello at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 (800) 965-8541.
For FAQs about the Xello transition, please see the Xello In Wisconsin webpage.
Who is eligible to utilize Xello through the DPI Agreement? What about private schools?
Per the DPI agreement, Xello is available to Wisconsin public schools with students from grades 6‐12. Wisconsin DPI does not have statutory authority to require ACP services in private schools and independent 2r charter schools, therefore they do not fall under the state ACP software system contract. Under Wis. Stat. § 115.28(59)(b), DPI must procure the ACP software “to be used by school districts to provide academic and career planning services…” Private schools and independent 2r charter schools are not school districts or operated by school districts, and therefore, are not covered by Wis. Stat. § 115.28(59)(b). Xello will offer the same pricing options to private schools but will not invoice DPI for these.
What about elementary students?
The Xello-ACP agreement covers students from grades 6‐12, so any Xello elementary programming is NOT included in the DPI agreement. For more information on Xello’s use in grades K‐5, please contact email@example.com at 1-800-965-8541 Ext. 2 and they will be happy to help you with this!
Is ACP Portfolio completion required for high school graduation?
Currently, completion of an ACP Portfolio is not a state requirement for graduation. However, many districts incorporate this requirement as another demonstration of college and career readiness. Please refer to the Xello-ACP Scope and Sequence recommendations for connecting Xello features and lessons with college and career readiness development. These recommendations are not mandatory or mandated by DPI. Furthermore, using the Xello school administrative portal, educators will be able to access lesson completion reports even though they are not tracked by DPI. These are recommended to improve usage of the program and to help guide users to make the best use of the software tool.
What is the maximum storage capacity in Career Cruising for Wisconsin students?
As part of the DPI and Career Cruising State Agreement for the ACP, Wisconsin students will have access to 500MB of storage. The usual amount is 10MB, so this is great added value.
For the Credentials e‐transcript services, what happens with graduated students?
As long as the person still has a portfolio (ACP) in Xello/Career Cruising, then the high school can still process a transcript request for them ‐ even if they’ve graduated.