Over 45 Wisconsin FBLA high school chapters participated in the Wisconsin Fall Leadership Conference program that was held on November 6 & 7, 2017 in the Madison Area. FBLA members experienced a range of activities that included the following:
- presentations from veteran advisers on competitive event tips,
- leadership workshops delivered by the state officer team to build the capacity of our chapter membership to attain components of the FBLA National Outstanding Chapter Award,
- toured numerous businesses, colleges, and organizations to connect with both career and college opportunities,
- attendance at the Wisconsin FBLA Fall Executive Board Meeting,
- community service support of the March of Dimes and Crossroads-Teen Safe Driving programs,
- accessed 160 digital challenges to network with membership and learn more about FBLA while exploring the Madison area,
- career guidance by Wisconsin FBLA-PBL Foundation Board member John Werner, and
- leadership training that focused on Bold Leadership and Making Moves by nationally recognized keynote speaker Chris Spradlin.
To learn more about opportunities to participate with future Wisconsin FBLA activities, contact Wisconsin FBLA State President Paige Allemann. Anyone who would like to provide future financial support for Wisconsin FBLA sponsorship or donations may contact the Wisconsin FBLA-PBL Foundation, Inc. for additional information.
Additionally, the National FBLA-PBL office made the official announcement that the 2018 National Fall Leadership Conference will be held in Chicago, Illinois on November 2-3, 2018. The 2018-2019 Wisconsin FBLA state officer team are scheduled to attend this event and Wisconsin FBLA chapters will also be strongly encouraged to attend this event next year. For more information about opportunities to connect with future national events, connect with Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda, Inc.
FBLA-PBL is the largest career student business organization in the world. Each year, FBLA-PBL helps over 230,000 members prepare for careers in business. FBLA-PBL’s mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs.