Digital Equity Gap Data Can Be Used to:
- Ensure districts are able to track and support the individual needs of every student
- Identify possible Internet providers that can serve a location
- Provide local community partners with critical data needed when submitting broadband grant applications
- Advocate and plan for broadband investments in your community
- Fulfill any state or federal reporting requirements which may arise with CARES and E-rate funding
Student Information System Data Submission
We don't anticipate any changes to the digital equity questions for the 2021-22 school year. Just like any data rolled over from year to year, there should be a mechanism to re-confirm/update the data if it is rolled over.
State SIS vendors understand the importance of collecting this data. Contact your student information system vendor to receive an update on adding these fields and reporting this information through your SIS via the WISEData Ed-Fi API.
Customized English/Spanish Qualtrics Survey Link
Wisconsin DPI has created a complete survey tool kit for districts that do not have another data collection option. Fill out this form to receive a unique survey link for your district.
Create a Customized Survey
Please use the following questions for creating a customized survey. It will make it easier to enter the responses into your SIS for reporting if the question format and corresponding data fields align.
Question 1: Can the student access the internet on their primary learning device at home?
- No - Not Available
- No - Not Affordable
- No - Other
Question 2: What is the primary type of internet service used at the residence?
- Residential Broadband (e.g. DSL, Cable, Fiber)
- Cellular Network
- School Provided HotSpot
Question 3: Can the student stream a video on their primary learning device without interruption?
- Yes - No issues
- Yes - But not consistent
Question 4: What device does the student most often use to complete school work at home?
Question 5: Is the primary learning device a personal device or school-provided device and is it shared with anyone else in the household?
- Personal - Dedicated (dedicated device for the student)
- Personal - Shared (sharing device with others in the household)
- School Provided - Dedicated
- School Provided - Shared