The Career and Technical Education (CTE) data reporting is an important part of the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006 (CPA). CTE collects enrollment information at the 11th and 12th grade levels from the secondary districts receiving CPA funds. The collected enrollment information is then used as follows:
To respond to the Federal Performance Report mandated by the State
To gather information related to the districts for the State Plan
To assist districts in measuring progress to mandated Core Indicators of Performance
To provide data that inform the Office of Civil Rights process
It is, therefore, critical that districts report all enrollment information requested by CTE data in a way that is timely, concise, complete, and accurate. Failure to report in such a manner can and will jeopardize the district’s financial grant for the reporting year.
CPA Grant participating districts are required to submit their CTE data at the end of each school year in addition to the Graduate Follow-up Report.
Latest CTE Data News and Updates
- NEW! Webinar #1: Overview of Perkins V Secondary Accountability System
- Perkins V Accountability: Secondary CTE Concentrator Guide
- COVID-19 Guidance on Career Education Data Reporting. For all other COVID-19 data reporting guidance, please visit our COVID-related WISEdata Submission page.
- Understanding the CTE Data Collection Process for 2018-19: Video; PowerPoint
- CTE Data Reporting Requirements for 2019-20: Video; PowerPoint
Mai Choua Thao
CTEERS Coordinator, Data Management