The intent of the Wisconsin Youth Leadership Certificate offered by the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) is to recognize a student’s mastery and exhibition of leadership skills valued by employers, communities, and organizations.
This certificate allows:
- Students to document their leadership skills and service hours,
- Employers and community organizations to assess the skills necessary for success,
- Educators to customize instruction and experiences help learners to acquire valuable leadership skills.
The Youth Leadership Certificate consists of the following required components:
- Reinforcing 21st Century Skills in the form of the 4 Cs (Collaboration, Creativity, Communication, and Critical Thinking Skills) in Leadership Skills and Attitudes
- Completion of 90 leadership or service hours
- Youth Leadership Implementation Guide
- Youth Leadership Certificate Assessment
- Youth Leadership Certification Flyer
- Leadership Development Plan (LDP)
- Enter Students and Scores