The State Superintendent's Advisory Council on Blindness and Visual Impairment Education:
• advises the state superintendent on statewide activities to benefit students who are blind or visually impaired;
• makes recommendations for improvements in services provided by the Wisconsin Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired (WCBVI);
• and proposes ways to improve the preparation of teachers and staff and coordination between the department and other agencies that offer services to the visually impaired.
• Public Input and Comments, Introductions
• Create a plan to gather data on current vacancies, caseload determination tools, strategies for recruitment
• Review Survey to be sent to vision professionals and local educational agencies in Wisconsin
• Review questions brought to the attention of the advisory council
• Plan for next meetings
Via Zoom – Email firstname.lastname@example.org for meeting information.
You may provide input to the meeting via letter, email, phone, or in person.
Please RSVP to Jacklynne Ramirez if you plan to attend the meeting. email@example.com
Written input can be sent to the above email address or to:
State Superintendent’s Advisory Council on Blindness & Visual Impairment Education
attn: Jacklynne Ramirez 1700 W State St, Janesville, WI 53546
Advisory Council Chairperson and O&M subcommittee lead: Julie Hapeman, firstname.lastname@example.org
DPI Liaison: Kay Rhode, Education Consultant, email@example.com