DPI model districts and 2R charter schools can sign on starting now to start using the Frontline Education Professional Growth online platform (formerly My Learning Plan - MLP) if not already utilizing it to complete, manage, and track educator (as well as optional pupil services staff) evaluations.
The cost of the online platform is included in EE grant funds and at no extra cost to the district/charter.
Benefits & Features:
- Customized required and optional evaluation forms and processes for specific roles in specific year of evaluation cycle. Example: If your district requires two Mini-Observations to be conducted for teachers every year within an evaluation cycle, two sets of forms will be set up as required within each year’s processes. If additional Mini-Observations are conducted in Supporting Years for teachers, the Mini-Observation forms can be added within a specific educator's evaluation processes at any time of any year.
- Robust customizable reports and tracking tools for principals, superintendents, central office staff, and school boards. A multitude of reporting views are available in the platform, including report and tracking tools can be filtered and sorted by specific form (i.e. End-of-Interval SLO), building, staff role (i.e. teacher), specific evaluation year (i.e. in Supporting Year 1), etc. These custom sort and filter settings can be saved for future use (e.g., annual reports to the school board).
- Teacher practice, principal practice, and SLO rubric revisions made by DPI are required to be implemented regardless of documentation tool (including Google forms). Frontline Education will automatically make all revisions/changes in the platform.
- Regional and online supports that include evaluator "how-to use the platform" trainings, online help desk with Wisconsin specific articles and videos, quarterly regional face-to-face meetings for staff who maintain the local platform, and much more.
Try It Out Before Commitment
A set of demo accounts are available by request. A set of two principal linked to two teacher accounts to demonstrate how data is entered and viewed by educators and evaluators in the principal, asst./assoc. principal, and teacher evaluations is available by contacting Laura Ruckert (firstname.lastname@example.org) for login information.
Timeline for Transition
For details of the transition timeline starting this spring, available trainings, and supports: Transition to Frontline Education Employee Evaluation Process & Timeline
The submission of this online form indicates the district or 2R charter is entering into a service agreement and is committing to use the Frontline Education platform for the completion of state model educator evaluations through the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) for the 2019-20 school year.
The following information is needed to complete the form:
- Name and information for primary district/charter contact
- Name(s), title(s), and email(s) of at least one, but up to 3, people who will be responsible for maintaining user information and local platform settings. Note: This person(s) will be required to attend a 2-3 hour configuration meeting at which initial access to the district/charter site will be granted.
- The estimated number of users for each of 3 categories: total evaluators of teachers and principals, teachers being evaluated, and other staff not being evaluated as a teacher that may have access to the platform (i.e. pupil services staff, library media specialists, HR or administrative staff
Online Commitment Agreement Form: WI DPI & Frontline Education Commitment Agreement for District/Charter Use
For more information or questions, contact Laura Ruckert at email@example.com.