Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) is the national organization for all secondary school students participating in business education programs. It functions as an integral part of the instructional program of the business education curriculum in secondary schools.
The Wisconsin FBLA-PBL Foundation, Inc is a not-for-profit, volunteer-based corporation with the purpose of supporting the financial needs of FBLA members in Wisconsin. The Foundation serves members by providing support for national competitors, leadership development activities for all members, and scholarships.
FBLA is comprised of several levels of membership (links will take you to official national level sites for these organizations):
The purpose of FBLA is to provide, as an integral part of the instructional program, additional integrated learning opportunities for students in business and/or business-related fields to develop vocational and career supportive competencies and to promote civic and personal responsibilities.
- Develop competent, aggressive business leadership.
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work.
- Create more interest in and understanding of the American business enterprise.
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects that contribute to the improvement of home, business and community.
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship and foster patriotism.
- Encourage and practice efficient money management.
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
- Facilitate the transition from school to work.