Welcome to the 2019-20 Competitive Events Page!
Congratulations on your choice to participate in an FBLA Competitive Event! By competing in events you not only broaden your knowledge of the business world, but you will get to meet other FBLA members that are interested in similar aspects of FBLA as you are.
The Wisconsin FBLA and FBLA-PBL Awards Program recognizes and rewards excellence in a broad range of business and career-related areas for FBLA members. It prepares students for successful careers in business through support for curriculum development and innovative assessment tools.
Through competition at a Regional Leadership Conference, the State Leadership Conference, and/or the National Leadership Conference students have the opportunity to compete in events to showcase their knowledge, skills and habits in a wide rage of business environments. Many of these competitions require considerable research and practice; others are staged at the conferences. Each event is governed by specific guidelines found in the Wisconsin FBLA Competitive Event Guidelines. When prepare to participate in a competitive event, the primary source of information should be the national guidelines and the secondary source of information specific to regional and state level implementation is our Wisconsin guidelines posted below.
Competitive Event Updates
Competitive Event Resources:
- High School Competitive Event Guidelines 2019-2020 (updated 09/30/19)
- Middle Level Competitive Event Guidelines 2019-2020
- ML 2019 Regional Leadership Conference Non-Qualifying Objective Test Competencies (2019-2020 Competency Updates Coming Soon!)
- ML 2019 State Leadership Conference Non-Qualifying Objective Test Competencies (2019-2020 Competency Updates Coming Soon!)
- Dress Code
- Format Guide
- Competitor Change Request Form (report all substitutions and cancellations)
- Who's Who in FBLA & Regional Member Recognition -- use this form for all regional recognition and state competitive event submissions.
- Statement of Assurance Form -- ALL Regional and State Level Submission must be submitted using this online form. This form is used for entries associated with 3D Animation, Digital Video Production, and Middle Level Multimedia & Website Development.
- RLC -- due on the Third Friday in January
- SLC -- due on the First Wednesday in March
- NLC -- due on the Second Friday in May
- Visit the Wisconsin Regional Leadership Conference and/or the State Leadership Conference sites for all other event submission links.
National FBLA-PBL Event Resources:
Budget Information (rate estimates for 2019-20):
- State $5 and National $6 Membership; Total $11 paid to the national office
- Fall Leadership Lab Registration $25
- Wisconsin Fall Leadership Conference $65; hotel rates approximately $82-129 per night
- National Fall Leadership Conference-view the national conference site for rates
- Regional Leadership Conference $20
- State Leadership Conference $65; hotel rates approximately $100 to $130 per night
- National Leadership Conference-view the national conference site for rates