Welcome to the 2019-20 Competitive Events Page!
Congratulations on your choice to participate in an FBLA Competitive Event! By competing in events you not only broaden your knowledge of the business world, but you will get to meet other FBLA members that are interested in similar aspects of FBLA as you are.
The Wisconsin FBLA and FBLA-PBL Awards Program recognizes and rewards excellence in a broad range of business and career-related areas for FBLA members. It prepares students for successful careers in business through support for curriculum development and innovative assessment tools.
Through competition at a Regional Leadership Conference, the State Leadership Conference, and/or the National Leadership Conference students have the opportunity to compete in events to showcase their knowledge, skills and habits in a wide range of business environments. Many of these competitions require considerable research and practice; others are staged at the conferences. Each event is governed by specific guidelines found in the Wisconsin FBLA Competitive Event Guidelines. When preparing to participate in a competitive event, the primary source of information should be the national guidelines and the secondary source of information specific to regional and state level implementation is our Wisconsin guidelines posted below.
Competitive Event Updates
Competitive Event Resources:
- High School Competitive Event Guidelines 2019-2020 (updated Jan 2020)
- Update 2/3/2020: At their January meeting, the National FBLA-PBL Board of Directors passed a motion to allow students who are competing in a partner-sponsored competitive event that takes place prior to the National Leadership Conference to compete in a second competitive event at the National Leadership Conference, if they should qualify to do so. This will affect students who qualify to compete in the Virtual Business Challenge Management and Finance events, since they are now taking place online prior to the National Leadership Conference.
- Update Jan 2020: Clarified all event submissions are due by Friday, February 28, 2020 to align with the Wisconsin Events Calendar (not the First Wednesday in March).
- Middle Level Competitive Event Guidelines 2019-2020
- ML 2019 Regional Leadership Conference Non-Qualifying Objective Test Competencies (2019-2020 Competency Updates Coming Soon!)
- ML 2019 State Leadership Conference Non-Qualifying Objective Test Competencies (2019-2020 Competency Updates Coming Soon!)
- Dress Code
- Format Guide
- Competitor Change Request Form (report all substitutions and cancellations)
- Who's Who in FBLA & Regional Member Recognition -- use this form for all regional recognition and state competitive event submissions.
- Statement of Assurance Form -- ALL Regional and State Level Submission must be submitted using this online form. This form is used for entries associated with the following events: (Updated for 2020)
- 3-D Animation
- Digital Video Production
- Middle Level Multimedia & Website Development.
- Submit your SLC Pre-Judged PDF Event Submission Form for the following events:
- American Enterprise Project
- Business Financial Plan
- Business Plan
- Community Service Project
- Future Business Leader
- Job Interview
- Local Chapter Annual Business Report
- Partnership with Business Project
- Visit the Wisconsin Regional Leadership Conference and/or the State Leadership Conference sites for all other event submission links.
National FBLA-PBL Event Resources:
- National Competitive Event Information
- FBLA-PBL on YouTube
- FBLA Competitive Events & National Business Administration Standards
Budget Information (rate estimates for 2019-20):
- State $5 and National $6 Membership; Total $11 paid to the national office
- Fall Leadership Lab Registration $25
- Wisconsin Fall Leadership Conference $65; hotel rates approximately $82-129 per night
- National Fall Leadership Conference-view the national conference site for rates
- Regional Leadership Conference $20
- State Leadership Conference $65; hotel rates approximately $100 to $130 per night
- National Leadership Conference-view the national conference site for rates
For questions about this information, contact David Thomas (608) 266-2348