Announcement: Emergency Orders for Transcript will not filled at this time due to COVID-19.
How to Obtain Transcripts and Credentials
If you earned your Certificate of General Educational Development (GED) or your High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) in Wisconsin and need a duplicate, or you need a Certified Transcript of your GED/HSED scores sent to a school, employer, etc., you must pay a fee and complete order form (PI-8203) on which you will be asked to provide the following information to the Department of Public Instruction:
- Your name at the time of GED testing or the way your name appears on your credential (be accurate, this is the way your records are filed);
- Your date of birth,
- Last four digits of your social security number,
- Your telephone number, with area code,
- The address(es) to which you want your document(s) sent; and
- Your signature (transcripts cannot be released without a signed request)
- Enclose a check or money order for the total amount of your fees, using our convenient order form. There is a $15.00 fee for each document (credential or transcript) you request. If additional copies of these documents are requested on the same order, they will be issued at a charge of $2.00 each.
- NOTE: The GED/HSED program at the Department of Public Instruction is currently unable to process credit card payments. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Send your request enclosing either a check or money order only. Do not send cash through the mail.
All information provided will remain strictly confidential. When we receive your order form and fee payment, we will issue your document(s) and mail them to your home (unless another location is specified on the form). Your order will be processed in the sequence received and would take approximately 4 weeks weeks to arrive. Non-Emergency orders are sent via regular 1st class mail which cannot be traced. The Department is NOT responsible for items lost by the Post Office or by any alternative recipient.
Companies, colleges and universities seeking verifications (without certified transcripts) may follow these steps: How to Verify a GED/HSED Credential
Toll-free: (800) 768-8886
You may also fax to (608) 267-9275 or e-mail the GED Program at DPIGED@dpi.wi.gov
Some of these links may take you to non-DPI Websites. Linking these sites does not represent a DPI endorsement of the hosting agencies nor the information available at their sites.