Within the local school district and community, it is the health science educator who must develop and nurture a comprehensive health science program. The support base for the program should include former students, business employees/employers, informed educators, parents and all others who recognize that health science education can improve the quality of life for the individual and well-being of the community.
The health science education consultant and staff at the Department of Public Instruction offer major support to health science educators at all levels.
- Common Career Technical Core Alignment with HOSA Competitive Events
- HOSA Competitive Events and National Healthcare Foundation Standards Crosswalk
- HOSA Competitive Events and the Common Core State Standards
II. Health Science Program Resources
- Health Science Quality Program Self Evaluation (not current)
- Stacking Your Deck - Standards and Course Development
III. Connecting Health Science to Wisconsin Common Career Technical Standards
IV. Health Science Standards Supplement
V. Connecting Health Science to Common Core State Standards (Disciplinary Literacy)
VI. Performance Task Samples
- Health Science Standards Workshops
Additional CTE Standards Resources