2022-2023 Digital Learning Survey
In the beginning of October, the DPI Digital Learning team will send the annual longitudinal Digital Learning Survey to every Wisconsin school district. We are giving this survey so that we can:
- Give every district a way to learn how other districts in Wisconsin are using technology to improve teaching and learning.
- Enable districts to know where they stand relative to other districts so that they can make staffing, purchasing, and curricular decisions based on state norms. Districts will also be able to download their district profile after completing the survey submission.
- Help districts develop technology action plans using the tools provided on the DPI Resources for Planning and Budgeting page. The primary resources are the Wisconsin Digital Learning Plan and the Future Ready dashboard.
- Enable DPI and the CESAs to identify areas in which districts are in need of technical support.
- Enable DPI to produce an annual report on “the state of the State,” and provide detailed data for school districts, CESAs, and the public to review as a measurement of the Wisconsin Digital Learning Plan priorities and goals. DPI will release this report on February 23, 2023 - Digital Learning Day.
- Give DPI baseline data so that we can chart progress over time and share it with our state partners, legislators, and the State Superintendent's Digital Learning Advisory Council.
The survey will cover each Gear in the Wisconsin Digital Learning Plan:
The DPI Digital Learning team will send the survey to the administrator responsible for overseeing digital learning and technology (usually, the Technology Director and Curriculum Coordinator) at every Wisconsin school district. This person will be responsible for gathering their district collaborative leadership team, collecting the required data, and filling in and submitting the survey before the deadline. The CESAs will work with their districts to help make sure that they are able to complete and submit the survey.
It is important that every school district in Wisconsin complete and submit the survey so that we are able to provide complete and accurate data to support teaching and learning in every Wisconsin school.
2022-2023 Survey Timeline
- September 2022: A PDF preview of the survey can be found here: 2022-2023 PDF Survey Copy
- October 3, 2022: DPI sends the survey to the person in charge of technology at every school district (with the understanding the curriculum contact will work alongside the technology director to gather information). Please note directions in the survey email about creating a team to review the PDF questions to gather answers to then enter the data all at once.
- October 3 - November 25, 2022: Every two weeks, districts will receive an automated reminder to complete the survey and CESAs contact districts that have not yet completed the survey. (You will avoid this by completing the survey as soon as possible!)
- February 23, 2023: Digital Learning Day. DPI releases a “State of the State” report along with detailed survey results.