2018- 2019 School Year Digital Learning Survey
In mid-October, the DPI Digital Learning team will send the annual longitudinal Digital Learning Survey to every Wisconsin school district. We are giving this survey so that we can:
- Give every district a way to learn how other districts in Wisconsin are using technology to improve teaching and learning.
- Enable districts to know where they stand relative to other districts so that they can make staffing, purchasing, and curricular decisions based on state norms.
- Help districts develop technology action plans using the tools provided on the DPI Resources for Planning and Budgeting page. The primary resources are the Wisconsin Digital Learning Plan and the Future Ready dashboard.
- Enable DPI and the CESAs to identify areas in which districts are in need of technical support.
- Enable DPI to produce an annual report on “the state of the State,” and provide detailed data for school districts, CESAs, and the public to review as a measurement of the Wisconsin Digital Learning Plan priorities and goals. DPI will release this report on February 28, 2019 -- Digital Learning Day.
- Give DPI baseline data so that we can chart progress over time and share with our state partners, legislators, and the State Superintendent Digital Learning Advisory Council.
- Instruction, Learning, and Assessment
- Technology and Hardware
- Empowering and Innovative Leadership
- Professional Learning and Building Capacity
- Data and Privacy
The DPI Digital Learning team will send the survey to the person responsible for overseeing technology (usually, the Technology Director and Curriculum Coordinator) at every Wisconsin school district. This person will be responsible for gathering their collaborative team, the data required and filling in and submitting the survey before the deadline. The CESAs will work with their districts to help make sure that they are able to complete and submit the survey.
It is important that every school district in Wisconsin complete and submit the survey so that we are able to provide complete and accurate data to support teaching and learning in every Wisconsin school.
2018-2019 Survey Timeline
- September 2018 - DPI will release information to share at CESA PAC meetings and send a save the date communication to all district staff by October 1st with copies of this year's survey
- October 8, 2018: DPI sends the survey to the person in charge of technology at every school district (with the understanding the curriculum contact with work aside the technology director to gather information)
- October 8 - November 16, 2018: Every two weeks, CESAs contact districts that have not yet completed the survey. (You will avoid this by completing the survey as soon as possible!)
- February 28, 2019: Digital Learning Day. DPI releases “State of the State” report along with detailed survey results.
The DPI Digital Learning Team is appreciative of the time and effort required to complete surveys of this kind. The results will be helpful for every Wisconsin school district!