Key findings from this year’s digital learning trends report:
- District leaders are increasingly placing a high value on the leadership skills of their school site administrators. 40% of education leaders now say that enhanced school leadership has the potential to result in improved student outcomes relative to college and career readiness, only 11% held the same view in 2010.
- A new type of school principal, the New Learning Leader, is emerging that is both a digital evangelist at their school supporting new classroom models and an instructional coach providing modeling for their teachers about effective technology use for professional tasks.
- The New Learning Leader is more likely than other principals to have implemented blended, competency-based or flipped learning environments at their school. While 51% of all principals say that they have implemented blended learning at their school, 74% of these new principals are at the helm of a blended learning school.
- Two-thirds (68%) of New Learning Leaders say that their most significant challenge in the effective use of digital resources at their school is providing effective teacher training. Consequently, these principals have a stronger focus that most principals on modeling self-directed professional learning for their teachers.
- The New Learning Leaders are using data to inform their leadership tasks including providing feedback to their teachers on how to improve classroom practices (89%), setting schoolwide goals (85%) and sharing information with parents (74%).
Notes from meeting with Mark M. and Laurie about DPI alignment
- WI Framework for Principal Leadership Rubric lives within the EE pages and resource https://dpi.wi.gov/sites/default/files/imce/ee/pdf/principalprocessmanua...
- Look at updated EEP tool page ---Module + option https://dpi.wi.gov/ee/training-tools/training
- crosswalk of FR principal with DPI framework -- need to do the same with CESA 6 Cathy Clarksen
Where to put connected links
- DPI EE Quick Learning Library--feature, link back to, contacts, AWSA materials
TBD - with Educator Development team--what DPI principal docs to we link and crosswalk with the statement-- DPI, AWSA,
- key issues linked to FR, planning, topics of interest to AWSA
- add content after September event
- AWSA article, write up information
- professional learning connections --student ITL, empowered learning lit review for WI schools,
- add section on bottom - literatur key components, beyond ISTE leader and teacher standards - leadership, innovation, conditions of equity
(NOTE - insert graphic as jpg and link out to poster)
Future Ready Principals™ are building level innovators who believe in:
- Creating a vision that supports personalized teaching and learning that maximizes the potential of digital learning.
- Modeling the type of professional learning by empowering staff to lead, learn, fail, and repeat.
- Making anytime, anywhere learning a reality.
- Developing a plan to ensure ubiquitous connectivity in and out of school.
- Advocating for the use of multiple strategies to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Working to build partnerships to communicate and agree upon a shared vision for student learning in their community.
Connections to DPI