2020-2021 Global Educator of the Year Award
The Global Educator of the Year Award recognizes outstanding educators at all levels. The program annually honors those who have succeeded in providing high-quality learning opportunities for students as well as demonstrating exemplary contributions to the profession specifically related to global education.
Nominations for this award can now be submitted to the Department of Public Instruction.
A selection committee appointed by the chair of the Statewide International Education Council will make a final award recommendation to the state superintendent. Please nominate deserving candidates by sending their full name, email address, school name, and a brief rationale for the nomination (no more than 200 words) to email@example.com. Nominees will receive an application form via email. The deadline for submitting a letter of nomination and a complete application is November 30, 2020.
Who can nominate?
Anyone may nominate an educator for this award: teacher, parent, colleague, friend, student, etc. Self-nominations are permitted and encouraged.
Nominees must meet the following criteria in order to be chosen for the award:
- Nominees must have been active educators for at least five years prior to the current school year (2020-21).
- Persons previously recognized in the program are eligible again five years after the year they received the recognition.
- In order to retain the honor, an educator selected for recognition in each program must remain actively employed in the specific position recognized by that program from the date of his or her selection through the remainder of the term of the program. In the event that the individual’s professional position changed to one which was not eligible at the time of initial selection, an alternate will be chosen for the remainder of the program.
- The person selected will be asked to provide a photograph for publication.
- With the approval of the nominee, nominations from the previous year will be considered.