The Department of Public Instruction's Policy and Budget Team analyzes and monitors key legislation affecting schools, libraries, and the department. To view education and library related bills introduced in the 2019-2020 session and whether the department has taken a formal position. If a bill has an Act number assigned to it under column F of the attached document, the bill has been passed by both houses and signed into law by the governor.
The team works closely with the department's Legislative Liaison, Dee Pettack, who can answer legislative questions or concerns. Legislative inquiries should be directed to Dee Pettack via email or phone at (608) 267-1063.
- Assembly Bill 67 Information on the School District and School Accountability Report
- Assembly Bill 110 Dyslexia Guidebook
- Assembly Bill 129 Virtual Instruction
- Senate Bill 55 The Minority Teacher Loan Program
|Act Number||Bill Number||Topic|
|1||SB 19||Terminology Changes (Fitzgerald) Terminology changes for those with an intellectual disability in administrative rules|
Legislative Council Memos Summarizing Acts Signed Into Law
The full text of all acts and any related veto messages can be found on the Wisconsin State Legislature's website.
Legislative Fiscal Bureau 2019 Informational Papers
- State Aid to School Districts (Informational Paper 24)
- Private School Choice Programs (Informational Paper 25)
- Open Enrollment Program (Informational Paper 26)
- Charter Schools (Informational Paper 27)
- Pupil Assessment (Informational Paper 28)
- Statutory Requirements for School Districts (Informational Paper 29)
- School District Reorganization (Informational Paper 30)
- State Property Tax Credits (School Levy, First Dollar, and Lottery and Gaming Credits) (Informational Paper 21)