WISCAT license renewals are not automatic. Libraries must submit a new order each year to continue access. The WISCAT licensing period for 2022 is now open. Please fill out this form to auto-generate an invoice for payment.
WISCAT Licensing Fees
The annual WISCAT membership license fee is $200 per individual library login code. All WISCAT resource sharing functions are included in the membership fee, for example:
- Create and manage interlibrary loan (ILL) requests
- Access to out-of-state library lenders
- Optional patron-initiated interlibrary loan
- Access to interlibrary loan reports and statistics
- Add, change, or delete holdings interactively in the union catalog
- Customize search and display screen options
- Technical support and training
- Download MARC records
- Z39.50 access to the WISCAT Union Catalog from within your library's catalog
County Library ILL Clearinghouses
Entities representing a legally constituted county library AND acting as an ILL Clearinghouse qualify for alternative pricing. Please Contact Us for more details if you believe your library qualifies.
Libraries or clearinghouses using ILLiad or another ILL management platform
The ISO ILL standard allows WISCAT, WorldShare, ILLiad, and other ILL platforms to work together. This is intended to encourage sharing resources across platforms and provide the broadest collection of available information and resources to Wisconsin residents. Library Services Team staff will work to implement cross-platform communication to the extent the technology is supported by both the software vendors and the ISO ILL standard protocol.
- Individual libraries using ILLiad (or other software) wanting to directly send requests to WISCAT libraries are required to be WISCAT members. Currently that member fee is $200 per year.
- Public library systems using ILLiad (or other software) to refer requests on behalf of multiple libraries to WISCAT also need to be full members, along with those individual libraries. The fee is currently $200 per year per library.
Please note there is no charge to:
- Make your Z39.50 compatible library catalog accessible in WISCAT
- Participate in interlibrary loan as a lender only using the WISCAT software
Contact WISCAT staff for more information.