All fingerprints submitted for DPI license applications must be submitted electronically through the state-approved vendor, Fieldprint. Information about the electronic fingerprint process is available on the Electronic Fingerprint Submission page.
Applicants required to submit fingerprints
The following applicants are required to submit fingerprints to DPI when applying for a license:
- Applicants who have worked, resided, or physically attended classes in any of the locations listed below within the last twenty years (after age 17):
- U.S. states other than Wisconsin
- Listed U.S. territories (American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, or the Virgin Islands)
- Great Britain (England, Scotland, or Wales)
- Applicants, who since their most recent submission of fingerprints to DPI have worked, resided, or physically attended classes in any locations listed above.
- Applicants who provide an address on their application in any of the locations listed above.
Still not sure if you need to submit fingerprints?
As provided by Wis. Stat. 118.19 (10) (c), the DPI may also require other applicants to submit fingerprints during the course of the background investigation.