You are here

OER Innovation Grants Available

Monday, June 4, 2018

The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction is offering 20 competitive grants of $10,000 to support high-quality, standards-aligned open educational resource (OER) materials through the WISELearn content repository. Apply by June 30th to support teaching and learning through creation and implementation of your best projects or new initiatives. At least 60 percent of the grants are for implementation and professional learning for mathematics and English language arts standards-aligned OER. The other 40 percent are available to any other subject area to create, adapt, and support OER.

Open educational resources are teaching and learning materials, freely available, usually licensed through Creative Commons. They expand educators’ impact by letting other educators reuse and even adapt content, all while giving credit where it’s due. They include any format, from full courses and lesson plans, to videos, to games-- all with no-cost access.

All applicants must be Wisconsin public education entities, with preference given to collaborative projects (multiple schools, with CESAs, or another public education entity). Team members must have representation that includes teachers, and curriculum, technology, and administrative leadership.

For more detailed information and how to apply, visit the OER Innovation Grants website. Applications are due June 30th.

Questions? Contact to Kaye Henrickson, WISELearn Content Curation Project Coordinator:

GRANT DEADLINE: June 30, 2018 (extended from June 15)

GRANTS AWARDED: Early August 2018