Wisconsin Youth Leadership Forum Accepting Applications
The Wisconsin Youth Leadership Forum (YLF) is a week-long leadership training and career awareness program for high school sophomores, juniors and seniors with disabilities. It provides training in leadership, self-advocacy skills, and career awareness to approximately 25 students with disabilities from throughout the state of Wisconsin. YLF is a project of the Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities.
The Wisconsin Youth Leadership Forum is for:
- Students who show leadership potential by being active in their school and community
- Students who have a disability (physical, learning, cognitive, emotional, sensory, etc.)
- Wisconsin residents
- Students who are currently sophomores, juniors or seniors
Why Attend the Youth Leadership Forum?
- To give you a place to meet other students your age who are experiencing similar issues and concerns,
- help you increase your leadership skills so you can further your future goals and reach them,
- assist you in becoming a leader in your school and community.
WHERE: Edgewood College, Madison, WI
WHEN: July 9 - July 14, 2017
To apply: go to the website download the application and submit it by April 1, 2017: http://wi-bpdd.org/index.php/wisconsin-youth-leadership-forum/
Please direct questions to John Shaw: firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 266-7707