To be entitled to reimbursement, a claim preparer for each agency must submit a monthly claim for reimbursement that provides data in sufficient detail to justify the reimbursement claimed. An authorized agent or district official of the agency must certify and submit the claim.
60 Calendar Day Cut-off Deadlines for Submitting Reimbursement Claims
|Claiming Month||Last Day for Online Submission|
|January||April 1 (March 31 on leap years)|
|December||March 1 (February 29 on leap years)|
In the event that the 60th day falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or Federal holiday, the claim is due on the next business day. If you are submitting a claim under this situation, you will not be able to submit your claim online. Instead, you need to complete a paper copy of the claim. Please plan ahead to avoid paper claim submissions.
DPI Claims Processing
Only one claim or adjustment per program is accepted per payment processing period. The DPI processes payments each Tuesday and payments are electronically deposited on the Monday after the processing date. If a holiday falls on the processing or payment date, the processing or payment date will be the next business day. No claims are processed for payment during the last two weeks of June and the last two weeks of December or during a Federal government shutdown.
- An agency needs to modify and existing claim that has already been “paid” or “processed”.
- An agency is blocked, by DPI, from submitting online claims and a claim needs to be submitted to meet the 60 calendar day cut-off deadline.
- The claim deadline lands on a Saturday, Sunday, or Federal holiday.
- Child and Adult Care Food Program
- School Nutrition Programs
- Summer Food Service Program
- Non-School Special Milk Program
- Special Milk Program (Schools): email Jacqueline.Jordee@dpi.wi.gov
- School Meal Programs includes the School Breakfast Program, National School Lunch Program, Afterschool Snack Program, Special Milk Program, and the Seamless Summer Option. An exception for any of these programs would count as the LEAs one-time exception for School Meal Programs.
- CACFP includes the Adult Day Care, At-Risk Afterschool Meals, Child Care, and Emergency Shelters. An exception for any of these programs would count as the agency’s one-time exception for the CACFP.