Below are resources and links to information on library legislation and funding issues, including the biennial state budget. This page also includes library law, standards, polices and planning.
Legislation and Funding Information
- Summary of 2013 Wisconsin Act 157 (AB 288)
- FAQ About County Library Funding
- FAQ About County Library Funding to Adjacent Counties
- 2013-15 State Budget for Library Services
Library Law, Standards, Policies and Planning
- Wisconsin public library and library system:
- Wisconsin's Open Meetings Law and Library Board Closed Sessions
- FAQ About Wisconsin's Public Records Law
- Wisconsin Department of Justice Open Meetings Law and Public Records Law.
- Wisconsin Public Library Standards
- County Library Planning, Funding, and Related Issues
- Wisconsin Library Policy Resources Page. Links to policies of many Wisconsin public libraries.
- Economic Impact Studies and Resources. Links to various economic impact studies and resources for conducting local studies.
- Copyright Resources for Schools and Libraries. Links to resources to help schools and public libraries comply with U.S. copyright law.
For questions about this information, contact Shannon Schultz (608) 266-7270