Database usage has been historically tracked by searches, sessions, and pageviews. However, most of these metrics are no longer supported by COUNTER-compliant vendors.
The BadgerLink Usage Statistics table continues to include this data, even though it doesn't tell the whole story. The new Successful Retrievals column reflects a combination of metrics showing the "number of full-content units or descriptive records examined, downloaded, or otherwise supplied to a user."
See the BadgerLink website for additional information.
*An error in Encyclopedia Britannica reporting has been corrected, resulting in lower counts for their resources, particularly Pageviews.
**The Release 4 COUNTER Code of Practice for e-Resources (used by EBSCO, Gale, and TeachingBooks.net) no longer reports session counts.
WISCAT - Statewide Interlibrary Loan Activity
- Borrower requests are the total number of requests entered into the WISCAT system.
- Lending requests are the total number of requests sent to individual libraries to be filled.
- Filled requests are the total completed requests.
- Fill rate calculation is based upon the following formula: Filled Requests / Borrower Requests.
- RL&LL Referrals are requests managed by Resources for Libraries and Lifelong Learning Interlibrary Loan Staff.
|Year||Borrower Requests||Lending Requests||Filled Requests||Fill Rate||RL&LL Referrals|
These statistics report the number of state documents distributed to designated depository libraries in both print and electronic formats. Electronic documents are accessed through the Wisconsin Digital Archives.
- Collection visits are the number of people on an annual basis who come to the Wisconsin Digital Archives to use the collection.
- Documents viewed are the total number of times a document in the Wisconsin Digital Archives is opened by someone. In 2015, this total was equivalent to someone accessing almost 5 documents every time they visited the collection.
|Year||Collection Visits||Documents Viewed|