Library Media Specialist Evaluation Resources: 2017-2018
The optional Wisconsin LMS Evaluation Rubric and Forms were developed based on requests from school districts following the implementation of the Educator Effectiveness system. Although the pilot year for the tools has passed, they will remain available. Throughout the course of 2017-18, work will be done to revise the forms and provide additional guidance. You are encouraged to submit feedback regarding these tools.
LMS Self-Review (Includes Rubric components and Rating Scale)
To be completed by the practitioner at the beginning of the last (summary) year of the evaluation and shared with the evaluator for discussion/dialogue. Practitioners or their evaluators may want to have it completed more often.
To be completed collaboratively by LMS and evaluator at the beginning of the evaluation cycle.
LMS Goal Setting
- Professional Practice Goal (PPG)
- Completed annually by the practitioner.
- Student or Program Outcomes (SPO)
- Completed annually by the practitioner with collaboration of evaluator or peer/coach. Practitioner may choose to write a change goal for student learning or a program based on need and role of the practitioner.
Scheduled observation completed at least once during the evaluation cycle. The practitioner will complete the Planning form and share it with the observer. Then the observer and practitioner should meet to discuss what will be observed. Observer collects observable evidence on the Evidence Collection Sheet and shares it with the Observer Feedback form before or during the Post-Observation meeting. Practitioner completes and shares the LMS Reflection form.
- Announced Observation LMS Planning
- Observation Evidence Collection Sheet
- Used to collect evidence from all observations throughout evaluation cycle. May also be used to collect evidence in unannounced observations, known as Mini-Observations, if appropriate to the practitioner role.
- Announced Observation Observer Feedback
- Announced Observation LMS Reflection
Unannounced observation completed as is appropriate to the role of the practitioner. Observer collects evidence using the Observation Evidence Collection Sheet above. Then observer completes and shares with the practitioner the Observer Feedback.
Practitioners should collect documents aligned to all of the components of the rubric as evidence of practice throughout the evaluation cycle. Evaluators may have guidance regarding local policy on allowable student confidentiality requirements within these documents.
To be completed at the end of the 1-3 evaluation cycle. A collaborative meeting should occur between the practitioner and evaluator to review the final documentation and to discuss level growth (scores) and possible areas of focus for improvement in the next evaluation cycle.
- End-of-Cycle LMS Reflection
- Completed by the practitioner and shared with the evaluator prior to the End-of-Cycle Conference.
- LMS Evaluation End-of-Cycle Summary
- Completed by the evaluator after reviewing all forms, observation evidence, practitioner artifact evidence aligned to rubric components, as well as practitioner self-scores and reflections. Evaluator documents summary practice component scores and a holistic SPO score on this form.