Listed below are suggestions for the steps needed to submit a grant application.
- Determine if you meet the criteria to apply.
- Review your equipment needs and determine how the equipment requested will help you meet one or more of the stated goals of the grant.
- Read all parts of the application to be sure that you understand what is being asked.
- Obtain information from other staff in your district if needed.
- Write your equipment specification(s). See Summary - Writing Specifications for Food Service Equipment for help with writing your specification.
- Obtain three bids for the desired equipment. Include all components of the expected cost.
Completing the Application
- Answer all parts of each question thoroughly.
- Review your application for clear and concise answers with all required information.
Submitting the Application by Email
- Submit application and attachments through email by due date.
- The Certification/Signature form with all the required signatures is attached.
- The specifications for up to two pieces of equipment is attached.
- The three supporting bids for each requested piece of equipment is attached.
- Retain a copy of the application for your records. Keep on file for 3 years plus year of creation.
Remember that these funds are limited and very competitive. Be as thorough as possible to convince the grant readers that the request is appropriate for your operation.