As required by Section 201 of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act (HHFKA), School Food Authorities (SFAs) that meet the new requirements outlined in the final rule for Nutrition Standards in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs, may be certified as eligible to receive an additional six cents for each reimbursable lunch served starting October 1, 2012.
- Certification of Compliance with New Meal Patterns - Certification Tools, Specifications, and Prototype Attestation Statement, 9/24/14 SP 34-2012 (v. 2), USDA
- Administrative Reviews and Certification for Performance-Based Reimbursement in School Year 2014-15, 7/11/14, SP-54-2014, USDA
- New Questions and Answers Related to the Certification of Compliance with Meal Requirements for the National School Lunch Program, 3/11/14, SP-26-2014, USDA
- SNT Questions and Answers: School Nutrition Team Child Nutrition Reauthorization Conferences – June 2012 - See pages 35-47
- Questions and Answers Related to the 6-Cents Certification Tool, 9/12/12, SP 44-2012, USDA
- Questions and Answers Related to the Certification of Compliance with Meal Requirements for the National School Lunch Program, 1/22/13, SP 31-2012: Third Revision - SP 31-2012 is now only for information about the certifications process in previous years.
- Final Rule: Certification of Compliance with Meal Requirements for the National School Lunch Program under the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, 1/2/14, Federal Register 7 CFR Part 210
- USDA 6 Cents Certification Worksheet Demonstration Series (New School Meal Pattern Requirements and Nutrition Standards)
Menu Workbooks and Simplified Nutrient Assessments
Directions and Specifications
- Directions for Menu Workbook
- Directions for Simplified Nutrient Assessment
- Instructions for Transferring Data from USDA Certification Tools
- Note to Mac computer users: Make sure workbooks are saved in Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003
Additional Nutrition Assessment Options
- USDA Approved Software - This is the list of USDA-approved nutrient analysis software to use with your menu certification workbook if you are not using the Simplified Nutrient Assessment within the workbook.
Tools for Completion
- Dietary Specifications Tool (nutrient analysis)
- Online nutrition analysis tools to assist when using Simplified Nutrient Assessment within the workbook: