A vended meals agreement is established when a school contracts with a private company (also referred to as a vendor) for the purpose of providing meals. The vendor is not involved in any aspect of managing Child Nutrition Programs.
Procurement of Vended Meals
- Example of Bid for Vended Meals - Updated April 2017
- Example of Evaluation Matrix for Awarding Vended Meals Agreement - Updated April 2017
Vended Meals Agreement Policy and Guidance Memos
- USDA Foods Handling Charges Accounting Procedures - DPI Guidance, April 2017
- Crediting of USDA Foods Value for FSMC Contracts, Vended Meal Agreements, and Joint Agreements - DPI Guidance, April 2017
- DPI Notice to SFAs Requiring the Use of Template Vended Meals Agreements and Joint Agreements - DPI Guidance Memo, April 2011
- Bid and Procurement Requirements Between School Food Authorities - FY93 School Programs Policy Memorandum #4, October 1993
Caution: Always consult a legal professional before entering and signing any agreement.