School Breakfast Program
More than 8.1 million children across the United States start their day with the School Breakfast Program, a Federal program that provides States with cash assistance for non-profit breakfast programs in schools and residential child care institutions.
Starting a School Breakfast Program
Serving Up a Successful School Breakfast Program - A Guide for School Breakfast Program Implementation, updated December 2015
- School Breakfast Program Cost/Benefit Analysis: Achieving a profitable SBP - UW Extension, Family Living Program
- USDA - Energize Your Day with School Breakfast Toolkit This toolkit has tips and information on starting or expanding a breakfast program, menu planning, designing a marketing plan, financial planning, surveys, flyers, brochures, posters and other promotional pieces.
- To sign your school up for this program or for more information contact Tracy Huffman at (608) 266-7112.
Wisconsin School Breakfast Statistics
School Breakfast Program Enrollment and Participation Report (E&PR): These data reports provide district level information regarding student enrollment and free and reduced price eligible students. The report also provides meal participation data by free/reduced price and paid categories.
School Participation and Service Models
Food Research and Action Center (FRAC) Report
Previously Awarded School Breakfast Program Grants
- Breakfast in the Classroom (BIC) 2013 Equipment Grant - Awarded Schools
- Proposed Nutrition Standards Pilot Grant Awards Announced - Awarded Schools
- Kohl Breakfast Start Up and Participation Improvement Grants - Awarded Schools