Severe Need Breakfast
A school is eligible for severe need reimbursement if 40% or more of the student lunches served at the school in the second preceding school year were served free or at a reduced price. Severe need payment is made on an individual school building basis. Regulations required documentation of eligibility to be maintained on file by the school agency for periodic review. Severe Need Breakfast request submission and approval is now part of the DPI-SNT annual online contract renewal.
- Understanding USDA's Severe Need Breakfast Program Webcast
- Tool to determine Severe Need Breakfast for SY 2017-18
- Tool to determine Severe Need Breakfast for SY 2018-19
- Tool to determine Severe Need breakfast for SY 2019-2020
USDA Guidance Memorandum
- Eligibility for Severe Need Rates for the School Breakfast Program (SBP) SP 23, USDA, 09/22/05