Resources for Virtual/Hybrid Learning - Including during a Crisis
- Here is a list of curated resources supporting virtual instruction and education more broadly during a crisis, such as the COVID-19 pandemic or anytime students cannot be in the school building.
- Here is a one-page overview document of general resources and planning considerations for schooling during a crisis, such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
WSST Webinar Series on Virtual Learning - 2020
This 2020 webinar series was facilitated by Dr. Karen Mesmer and Brian Bartel on behalf of the Wisconsin Society of Science Teachers (WSST). These resources were developed by and on behalf of that organization (not by DPI). WSST presenters utilized Google docs and this Google classroom for the webinar series - please, let Kevin Anderson know if you need access to the materials another way (email below).
- Session 1 - Topics: A general phenomenon and modeling-based instructional approach in an online setting, driving question boards, tech tools. Slides link. Recording link. Wolf/dog evolution and artificial selection storyline unit used during sessions.
- Session 2 - Topics: Discourse, tech tools, interactives/simulations, GIS and visualizing data. Slides link. Recording link.
- Session 3 - Topics: KLEWS and assessment. Slides link. Recording link.
- Session 4 - Topics: Assessment and simulations - continued, digital notebooks. Slides link, Recording link.