A Forum for Service-Learning Practitioners
The DPI has transitioned from using an e-mail discussion list to using an online community discussion forum for Wisconsin educators and others interested in service-learning. We hope this community will serve as a forum for service-learning practitioners to share their successes and challenges, and provide support and advice to one another. We hope you will use this forum to ask questions, discuss strategies you have used, projects you are considering, obstacles you face, and ideas you have to improve teaching and build community through service-learning.
National K-12 Service-Learning listserv
- Send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org following these instructions
- Leave the subject line blank.
- Remove any appended signatures.
Service-Learning and Related Resources
- The Wisconsin Campus Compact is a statewide organization committed to encouraging civic responsibility among the students and faculty at Wisconsin's public and private colleges and universities and fostering relationships for civic engagement between member institutions of higher education and the communities they serve.
- National Dropout Prevention Center
- National Service-Learning Clearinghouse
- The National Center for Learning and Citizenship is an organization of chief state school officers and district superintendents committed to linking school-based service and service-learning to K-12 curriculum.
- The Corporation for National and Community Service is the federal agency that funds national service programs, including AmeriCorps, AmeriCorps*VISTA, and Senior Corps.
- The National Youth Leadership Council is a national organization devoted to engaging young people in service to their communities.
America's Promise is a collaborative network that facilitates volunteer action for children and youth. Founded after the Presidents' Summit for America's Future in 1997.
SERVEnet brings thousands of volunteers and community organizations together online.Youth Service America(YSA)improves communities by increasing the number and the diversity of young people, ages 5-25, serving in substantive roles.
Service-Learning Programs in Other States
National Coalition for Academic Service-Learning
Arizona Department of Education
California Department of Education
Colorado Department of Education
Illinois State Board of Education
Maryland State Department of Education
Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
New York State Department of Education
- Close Up Foundation
- Points of Light Youth Leadership Institute
- Activism 2000
- Earth Force
- Future Problem Solving Program
Citizenship and Character Education