Schools Interested in Joining the
Private School Choice Programs (PSCP)
in the 2019-20 School Year
If your school is interested in participating in the PSCP in the 2019-20 school year and would like to receive information on the 2019-20 registration process as it becomes available, complete the interested schools form.
This form does not commit you to participating in the PSCP. The school will be required to complete a separate Intent to Participate form to participate in the PSCP.
- "New private school": If your school is a “new private school”, you are required to meet certain requirements by August 1, 2018. Schools that do not meet these requirements by August 1, 2018 are not eligible to participate in the PSCP for the 2019-20 school year. If your school is a "new private school", see the "new private school" registration page for additional information on the program requirements.
- "Existing private school": Private schools that do not meet the new private school definition are considered an “existing private school”. "Existing private schools" must register to participate in the PSCP for the 2019-20 school year by January 10, 2019. Additional materials and information regarding registering to participate in the PSCP for 2019-20 will be posted as it becomes available. An email will be sent to all schools that complete the interested schools form when the registration information is available.
Determine if your school is a "new private school" or an "existing private school" by answering the following questions:
1. Has your private school been open with enrolled students for longer than 12 consecutive months?
2. Does your private school have at least 40 students or have three or more grades with enrolled students?
If your school answered no to either question, it may meet the definition of a "new private school," and must consider this last question:
3. Is your private school operated/managed by a private school already participating in the PSCP?
If your school also answered no to this last question, then it meets the definition of a "new private school." See the "new private school" registration page for additional information on the program requirements. If your school answered yes, contact the department to determine if your school is a "new private school."
If you have any questions, please e-mail PrivateSchoolChoice@dpi.wi.gov
or call toll free 1-888-245-2732 ext. 3.