Appropriation. The 2007-09 biennial budget bill (2007 Wisconsin Act 20) included a new appropriation (s.20.255 (2) (bs)) of $250,000 for one-time grants of up to $10,000 per each consortium for school district consolidation feasibility studies. The funds were only available in the 2008-09 fiscal year.
Statutory Authority. The law describing the Consolidation Feasibility Study Grants is in Section 9137 (3k), the non-statutory provisions related to the Department of Public Instruction in 2007 Act 20.
- Chetek and Weyerhaeuser - Report (pdf)
- Glidden and Park Falls
- - Newsletter (pdf)
- Bruce and Ladysmith-Hawkins - Report (pdf) - Table of Contents (pdf)
- Benton, Cuba City, Southwestern, and Shullsburg - Report (pdf) - Appendix A (pdf) - PowerPoint Summary (ppt)
- Montello and Westfield - Report (pdf)
- Prairie Du Chien and Wauzeka-Steuben
- - Report (doc)
- Cornell and Gilman - Report (doc)
- Pecatonica and Argyle - Report Summary (pdf) - PowerPoint Presentation (ppt)
- Belleville, Monticello, and New Glarus- Executive Summary (pdf) - Report (pdf)
- Boscobel and North Crawford
- - Report (pdf)
- Wabeno and Laona - Report (pdf)
Grant funds are no longer available.