2020-21 School Registration
Please review the following trainings on school registration for the 2020-21 school year:
- 2020-21 Private School SNSP Registration Requirements
- 2020-21 New SNSP Schools Notice of Intent to Participate
- 2020-21 Intent to Participate for Continuing SNSP Schools
1. Notice of Intent to Participate: Due by March 1, 2020
- New Schools: Link to complete the Intent to Participate.
- Continuing Schools: A link will be emailed to the head of the governing board to complete the Intent to Participate. The SNSP administrator will be copied on this email. This link has not yet been emailed.
2. Special Education Profile: Due by March 1, 2020
- New Schools: Complete the Special Education Profile by clicking this link.
- Continuing Schools: A survey was sent on December 5, 2019 to SNSP administrators. Schools must notify the department if the 2019-20 special education profile should be used or provide changes to the profile by March 1, 2020.
3. If the expected SNSP scholarships in the ITP are $50,000 or more, provide:
- Surety Bond: A prefilled surety bond form will be emailed by the beginning of April 2020 to all schools that have expected SNSP scholarships in the ITP of $50,000 or more. The completed bond form is due by June 1, 2020.
- Meet Financial Requirements: This option requires that a 2020-21 DPI Budget & Cash Flow Report be submitted by March 1, 2020. The completed DPI Budget and Cash Flow Report and all required attachments must be loaded to Kiteworks for schools using this option. Schools must email email@example.com by February 17th to request a SNSP budget folder in Kiteworks if they are using this option. If the school provided a 2018-19 financial audit to the DPI, the school's 2018-19 financial audit must meet certain minimum requirements to use this option. See the 2020-21 Private School SNSP Registration Requirements Training below for information on these requirements.
4. Accreditation or approved as a private school by the state superintendent:
- Accreditation Letter: Schools that are fully accredited annually provide a letter from an accreditation agency. See the Accreditation Information Bulletin for information on the accreditation requirements. The accreditation letter is due by August 1, 2020.
- SNSP Private School Requirements Form: Schools that are not fully accredited must be annually approved as a private school by the state superintendent. This approval requires the school submit the SNSP Private School Requirements form, including all required attachments. The SNSP Private School Requirements form, including all required attachments, is due by March 1, 2020.
5. Certificate of Occupancy or Letter for all new schools and certain continuing schools, due by the following dates:
- New Schools: May 1, 2020
- Continuing Schools: Required for all new school locations prior to the students being in the new location.
For general information on SNSP school requirements, schools are invited to watch the SNSP school training videos. Please be aware that some training videos may be year specific and not yet updated for the 2020-21 school year.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-888-245-2732 ext. 4.