State and Federal Laws
- May 2006 Memo: Chapter 115, WI Stats., Significant Changes in State Special Education Law Effective July 1, 2006 - (5/23/06
- Chapter 115, Wis. Stats. Scroll down to Public Instruction, Chapter 115.
- PI 11, Wis. Admin. Code
- Eligibility Criteria (State Rule)
- Federal Website Information about IDEA 2004
Procedures and Bulletins
- Wisconsin State Policies and Procedures - IDEA
- Special Education Rights for Parents and Children (required legal notice)
[Avisos de Garantías de Procedimiento / Tsab Ntawv Ceeb Toom Txog Cov Txheej Txheem Tiv Thaiv Kev Ruaj Ntseg]
- Information Update Bulletins
- Confidentiality and Student Records
- Sharing Information Across Systems
- State Superintendent's Council on Special Education
- IDEA Complaints
- Due Process Hearings
- Students with Disabilities and Statewide Assessment
- Special Education in Plain Language, Updated 2009: A User Friendly Handbook on Special Education Laws, Policies and Practices in Wisconsin.
Interactive Special Education in Plain Language website - Special Education in Plain Language Print Version - Introducción a la Educación especial
This is not a substitute for the legal notice above. The contents of this document were developed under a grant from the Department of Education. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.