Collaborative Pupil Services
The school counseling consultant at the Department of Public Instruction is an integral member of the Student Services/Prevention and Wellness team, and supports the provision of collaborative pupil services within the department, across Wisconsin, and nationally. As a member of the Wisconsin Alliance of Pupil Service Organizations, they support the mission of WAPSO, which is to promote and facilitate:
- a greater understanding of the interrelationship between the disciplines involved in Pupil Services teams, and their relationship to student success;
- the strengthening of knowledge and skills to serve as a voice for the disciplines that form a pupil services team;
- the dissemination of interdisciplinary information
- open communication, collaboration and cooperation among member organizations; and
- the mobilization of grassroots action in the support of pupil services teams.
To learn more about WAPSO's member organizations, and read a white paper related to the alliance, go to: https://dpi.wi.gov/sspw/pupil-services.