This web page provides resources to assist school food services and individuals in their efforts to plan for a possible pandemic influenza outbreak.
- Pandemic Influenza Information for School Districts - WI Department of Public Instruction webpage which provides resources to assist schools and individuals in their efforts to plan for a possible pandemic influenza outbreak.
- Wisconsin's Pandemic Flu Resource - WI Department of Health and Family Services website which provides comprehensive information about pandemic flu, including resources from a variety of state and federal agencies.
- Human Pandemic - U.S. Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Services disaster webpage which has current guidance related to human pandemics for child and school nutrition programs.
- Pandemic Mitigation - U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources/Center for Disease Control (CDC) website which provides introductory mitigation guidelines that were issued by the CDC in February, 2007.
- School Planning - Supplies schools with checklists, guidelines, and tools to use in emergency planning.
- Community Planning - Summarizes the social distancing strategies to reduce contact between people that are discussed in detail in the guidance document: "Community Strategy for Pandemic Influenza Mitigation".
- Pandemic Influenza Community Mitigation Interim Planning Guide for Elementary and Secondary Schools
- USDA Guidance on Human Pandemic Response
For questions about this information, contact Louise Wilson (608) 266-8857