Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Youth
- The The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provide information and resources to promote the health and well-being of youth who are gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender.
- The The Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network strives to assure that each member of every school community is valued and respected regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
- Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights. PFLAG provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity.
- Safe Schools for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Students provides resources and strategies for educators to promote a safe school environment and prevent bullying and harassment of students perceived as lesbian, gay, or bisexual.
- Sex, Etc. provides sex education for teens in an engaging format designed by teens.
- Welcoming Schools, an initiative of the HRC Foundation Family Project, provides administrators, educators and parents/guardians with the resources necessary to create elementary learning environments in which all learners are welcomed and respected.
For questions about this information, contact Julie Incitti (608) 266-0963