E-reader Training: Tuesday, August 15th at 1:30 with Jim from WCBVI Dial in at 1-855-753-0200. Please Join us if you are interested!
Are you a braille reader with questions about how to use the e-reader you got from the Wisconsin Talking Book and Braille Library (WTBBL)? The Council’s Access Technology Specialist Jim Denham is offering an e-reader help session on Tuesday, August 15 at 1:30 p.m. for Wisconsin Talking Book and Braille Library Patrons. To join the meeting, call the DialPad Meetings number at 855-753-0200 at the appointed time.
If you were unable to attend this wonderful event, here is the MP3 recording - eReader Presentation 8-15-2023
Summer Reading Program 2023!
Readers of ALL AGES are welcome to participate in our Summer Reading program from Jun 15 – Aug 15. Similar to last year’s format, read and complete a BINGO! (three boxes in a row-horizontally, diagonally, or vertically) to be entered in the drawing for a grand prize! We will send you reading logs in Braille or a large print bingo sheet for kids and young adults ages 0-21 and also for adults. Everyone who completes the Summer Reading program will get a prize. To sign up and for more info, contact us at 414-286-3045 or 1-800-242-8822, or by email at WTBBL@milwaukee.gov.
Extra Summer Reading News!
If you are interested in more Summer activities from the library, the National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled is here to make that wish come true! This year, in addition to WTBBL's Summer Reading, the NLS is offering a variety of events for people around the country. There are author talks for all ages, that can be join over Zoom or by dialing in. You do have to register to attend and it will not be recorded for later watching. Below all the links are provided. If you would like help with registering, please call us here at the library at 414-286-3045. Have a great summer and spread the word about these fun events!
Here is the schedule:
- Kickoff event (all ages): Monday, June 26, at 4:00 pm EDT, with Librarian of Congress Dr. Carla Hayden.
- Author talk (adult): Thursday, June 29, at 7:00 pm EDT, with Shelby Van Pelt, author of Remarkably Bright Creatures.
- Story time and music (designed for K–3rd grade, but all are welcome): Thursday, July 6, at 7:00 pm EDT, with Matt Mazur.
- Author talk (designed for middle grades, but all are welcome): Tuesday, July 11, at 7:00 pm EDT, with Celia Perez, author of The First Rule of Punk.
- Author talk (designed for K–5th grade, but all are welcome): Saturday, July 22, at 1:00 pm EDT, with Annette Bay Pimentel, author of All the Way to the Top: How One Girl's Fight for Americans with Disabilities Changed Everything, and Jennifer Keelan-Chaffins, whose story is told in the book.
- Author talk (designed for YA and middle grades, but all are welcome): Thursday, July 27, at 7:00 pm EDT, with Kwame Alexander, author of The Crossover.
- Author talk (designed for YA, but all are welcome): Thursday, August 3, at 7:00 pm EDT, with Jenny Torres Sanchez, author of We Are Not from Here.
You can download a list of books in the NLS collection by our invited guests by clicking the following link: Books by NLS Summer Reading 2023 Authors.