Planning a summer vacation?
If your WISCAT library participates in ILL, and will be temporarily unable to process lending requests due to holidays, vacations, staff shortages, etc., you should suspend lending service. This will prevent lending requests from sitting in your pending file and expiring without a response. It's very easy to do using the Holiday List.
To update your Participant Record with a Holiday:
• Click Staff Dashboard to access the administrative modules
• Under the ILL Admin menu choose Maintain Participant Record
• Click the Holiday List link at the top of the page or scroll down to that section in the record
• Enter the Start and End dates using the format MM/DD/YYYY
• Click the Submit button at the top right or bottom right of the record
It is suggested you begin your holiday suspension the day before the last work day you will be gone. This ensures that any requests caught in between the current day and the holiday may be moved along while staff is still available. Please check Pending requests at the end of your work day. NOTE: Your staff and patrons can continue to request items while the suspension is in effect.
Suspending ILL service is completely separate from holdings updates. You can continue to add, change, and delete holdings in the WISCAT database regardless of your ability to participate in ILL.
Enjoy that vacation!
Written by: Christine Barth, Resources for Libraries & Lifelong Learning