Do you have ideas to share about engaging your community?
Lead the Way: Libraries at the Heart of Community Engagement
Information School, University of Wisconsin-Madison April 20-21, 2020 Madison, WI
Call for Proposals
Lead the Way: Libraries at the Heart of Community Engagement is an ideal venue to share your exciting projects and practices! This inaugural conference will bring librarians and staff from all types of libraries together to share ideas and keep libraries at the forefront of their communities. The program committee will accept proposals until September 6, 2019.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- community engagement for beginners
- how to be an engaged leader
- service outside the library
- making connections & partnerships within the community
- community engagement and strategic planning
- library as a lead community engagement institution
- community engagement as library advocacy
- services focused on diversity and inclusion
- community engagement related to all forms of accessibility
- teaching as a form of engagement
- leveraging technology to enhance engagement
- community engagement and programing re-boots
- using community data to inform decision making
- how to fund community engagement projects
- administrative strategies to foster community engagement
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity Statement
Program Committee encourages presenters representing a variety of personal and professional backgrounds, perspectives, and voices. We aim for conference presenters to be as diverse as the communities we serve. Submissions are welcome from anyone who is interested in presenting, including students, new professionals, first-time presenters, and representatives of allied professions.
How to submit a proposal
Please submit a 200-250 word description of your proposed session to Anna Palmer, email@example.com, by September 6, 2019. Sessions at the conference will be one hour. Please include an additional sentence or two about how this proposal aligns with our diversity, inclusion and equity statement outlined above. Note that the proposal will not be the finalized description for the conference program; the committee will contact selected speakers for a final draft. Panel presentations are accepted.
All selected proposals will receive one complimentary conference registration, which may be divided however the presenters of that session choose.
Not-so-secret Agents of Change: Library Workers Leading the Way in Community Engagement presented by Mary Davis Fournier, American Libraries Association
More details: https://go.wisc.edu/ischool-engage
Questions? Contact Anna Palmer, firstname.lastname@example.org or Meredith Lowe, email@example.com