Who is an Educator of Promise?
A Wisconsin Educator of Promise is an early-in-their-career public school educator who shows tremendous potential to be an educational leader, and who are open to challenging themselves as a learner and leader in a collaborative and dynamic learning environment. Educators of Promise leverage their educator voice and leadership skills to positively affect Wisconsin schools and students.
Typically, Educators of Promise are serving in these kinds of roles:
- K-12 Educator (teachers and pupil services) in their first 2-8 years of their career
- School counselor in their first 1-2 years in that role (even if they have had years of service as a teacher before transitioning into their school counselor role)
- Building administrator (principals and assistant/associate principals) in their first 1-2 years in that role (even if they have years of service in another educator role before transitioning into their building administrator role)
Leadership Opportunity: Educator Leadership Rendezvous
Educators who are identified as Educators of Promise receive an invitation to attend the Wisconsin Educator Leadership Rendezvous, among other opportunities throughout the year to connect, learn, and lead.
Educators of Promise work in squads led by experienced Wisconsin Army National Guard personnel as Squad Leaders and educator leaders as Assistant Squad Leaders while living on-base at Fort McCoy. Participants will learn through hands-on activities and leadership labs about topics such as:
- military life, and especially the lives of military families and children in our schools
- common leadership lessons and scenarios
- building culture and community
- applying leadership to problem-solving, to improve student outcomes, schools, and communities
- the effects on us all of PK-12 academic and career planning, equity and trauma-informed decision-making, and college and career readiness
- Curricular connections to classrooms, including STEM, Social Studies, and history
- Professional networking and relationship-building that live on far beyond the event
2020 Educator Leadership Rendezvous
Date: July 21-23, 2020
Location: Fort McCoy, WI
Up to 100 Educators of Promise from across Wisconsin will be selected to attend the 2020 Wisconsin Educator Leadership Rendezvous. Wisconsin educators are encouraged to apply for this opportunity. If you know of an educator who would benefit from this program, you may also nominate them for consideration. It is not necessary for an educator to be nominated.
* The application process has closed for this year.
* Selected participants will be notified in March 2020.