From K-12 students interested in careers in education, pre-service educators, in-service educators, to returning educators, TEPDL supports the entire cycle of career in education.
This page lists information you can find on our website or other website that may be helpful for those who are thinking of getting into the field of education as a new graduate or career-changer, currently enrolled in an educator preparation program in Wisconsin, or those who have completed an educator preparation program in Wisconsin or outside Wisconsin.
Educator Licensing in Wisconsin
- Pathways to Licensure - Wisconsin offers multiple pathways for obtaining licensure in Wisconsin based on candidate profile.
- License Types and Requirements – Information about the different licenses that are issued by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
- Testing Requirements – Wisconsin’s testing requirements for educator licensing.
- Out-of-State Program Completers – Information for educators who complete educator preparation program outside Wisconsin
- Non-U.S. Program Completers – Information for educators from outside United States.
- Highly Qualified Teachers – Information related to the ESEA provision for highly qualified teachers in Wisconsin.
Licensing Information for Wisconsin Educators
- License and Assignments – Explanations on different types of licenses and associated assignments.
- Licensing Based on Content Test – Information on adding a license based on content test.
- Wisconsin Educator Standards – Wisconsin licensure standards for teachers, pupil services professionals and administrators.
License Application Information
- Name and Address Change – Information about changing name and/or address on license certificate.
- License Application Fees – Information about license application fee payment methods.
Professional Development Information
- WEA Academy – Information on various professional development programs offered by WEA Academy.
- NBPTS – Information on National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS).
- WMEAP – Information on Wisconsin Master Educator Assessment Process (WMEAP).
- WMEAP Renewal - Information on Wisconsin Master Educator Assessment Process Renewal (WMEAP-R)
- Professional Development Plan (PDP) – Information on Professional Development Plan, a license advancement and renewal requirement for educators based on PI 34.
- Professional Growth – Information on professional growth requirements for license renewal.
- Wisconsin’s Information Network for Successful Schools (WINSS) – Access to data analysis on student and school performance, best practices, and resources in school improvement including planning tools, professional development and community partnerships.
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant - A federal grant program that can help pay for college for those who plan to become a teacher in a high-need field in a low-income area.
- Loan Forgiveness and Cancellation Programs - Based on low-income and teacher shortage areas as defined by US Department of Education and Wisconsin, educators may qualify for loan deferment/forgiveness.
- Act 209/210 – Veterans Professional/Occupational Licensure Fee and Requirements Waiver Program
Resources for High School Students
- Educators Rising - National networking organization for educator clubs that expose middle and high school students to careers in education.
- Urban Teacher World - Pre-college program intended to create a comprehensive system to recruit, develop, and support a pool of diverse educators with the focus on potential educators currently attending high-needs schools.
- Educator Preparation Programs – Information about state-approved educator preparation programs in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Improvement Program (WIP) - This teaching internship program offers pre-service teachers that are enrolled in an approved educator preparation program in Wisconsin to be placed in school districts with experienced and welcoming cooperating teachers for a full semester.
- Troops to Teachers - U.S. Department of Defense program that helps eligible military personnel begin a new career as teachers in public schools
Careers in Education
- Wisconsin.gov – Employment in State of Wisconsin.
- WECAN - Wisconsin Education Career Access Network
- Wisconsin School Leadership Center's Career Center
- Jobs at DPI – Employment at Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
- Academic Employment Network – Nationwide academic job postings.
- School-jobs.net – Nationwide school jobs search website provided by Education Process Improvement Center.