You are here

Name or Address Change

DPI is currently receiving a high volume of contacts for assistance.  The four most common topics of discussion are:

Latest Licensing News

Help with WAMS IDs

Before you can submit an application to DPI, you must register for a Web Access Management Systems (WAMS) user ID.

How to set up a WAMS account

Already have one or more WAMS accounts?

How to start your WAMS account recovery:

Perform a WAMS account recovery for all emails you have. Enter your email address but do NOT enter your User ID to start your WAMS account recovery. Once in the account recovery process you will be prompted to change your password. After you change your password you will be told in parentheses what your correct User ID is. Please make note of that before you terminate the account recovery session. Once you have recovered all WAMS accounts you have, login to ELO with each of your accounts individually. If you can see your licenses, you are logging in with the correct WAMS account. If you are taken through the Onboarding process again, you are not using the correct WAMS account and should try another account.

If you encounter errors in the WAMS account recovery process, please contact WAMS directly.  DPI is unable to help with WAMS recovery because the system is used by many state agencies and is run by the Department of Administration:

Changing your name and/or address in the Wisconsin Web Access Management System (WAMS) does not change your name or address in our licensing database.

Name Change

Your license issued by the Department of Public Instruction remains valid as long as it has not expired or been revoked.

If your name has changed since your license was issued, you have the following options:

  1. Wait until your next license application or renewal to update your name. You can enter your new name and previous name(s) on the Entity Name and Personal Details page of your next license application.
  2. Submit a request for a name change in ELO. There is a $45 fee for this service because a new background check must be conducted on the new name.

Address Change

In the event of address change since your license was issued, you have the following options:

  1. Wait until your next license application or renewal to submit your current address, or
  2. If you would like the DPI to have your current address before your next license application or renewal, you may contact us at  Educator Licensing.

Note: The DPI no longer prints and mails paper license certificates.  You can print your license yourself using the Educator Licensing Online (ELO) system.